Friday, 18 July 2014

Finish it Up Friday! - Lattices & Lilies

Finally got my thread delivered, so managed to finish off the quilting of my Lattices and Lilies quilt!

I'm quite happy with how it turned out!

I decided to do something a bit different with the quilting here, because I didn't think an all over pattern would show off the lattice quite as nicely, so I decided to do a scrawly loopy freehand in each 'window' and then just a series of straight lines on the lattices and borders.

Quilt back.

I think the back needed this more intricate design to fill all the empty space. I was a little worried that it would look weird since the patchwork detail wouldn't match up, but aside from it being slightly closer to one side than the other, I think it worked out quite well!

Detail of the 'window' portion. It actually looks quite nice, despite being completely random.

Detail of the corner area with the borders.

So there you have it, another quilt done! I was originally going to sell this one, but I'm not sure I can part with it now. Also I'm not sure it's really perfect enough to sell, but maybe that's just me making excuses :P


  1. Your choice of quilting patterns really worked out well. It looks very cool on the back side. Like this quilt of yours!!

  2. Good work with the quilting - you chose well! The quilt is really cool!